This organization provides humanitarian aid and advocacy to African refugees seeking asylum in Israel. The organization runs two shelters in Tel Aviv for the refuges and provides them with direct service, legal aid and education. They aim to raise awareness of the plight of the refugees and assist them.
Scope of Position:
Higher Education Caseworkers work with clients interested in pursing university degrees, vocational and/or technical training, and scholarships. Each caseworker has a caseload of about 30 clients and will continuously work with schools in Israel, abroad and online.
• Facilitate the application process by advising students in finding programs in Israel and abroad suited to their needs and interests
• Help organize and arrange necessary document verification and tests
• Locate and secure scholarship funds for students
• Maintain communication with alumni clients to ensure success and respond to any challenges
• Facilitate new partnerships with schools and embassies to strengthen the Higher Education program
• Act as an REC ambassador for workshops, trainings and informational events Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
• Comfortable working with refugees and asylum seekers from a variety of backgrounds, including those with limited formal education and/or literacy skills
• Fluent English is mandatory, Hebrew is an advantage, Arabic is an advantage
• Ability to adapt to changing situations, comfortable working in a fast-paced, demanding environment
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Responsible, flexible, and dedicated 20 hours a week.