With a color palette inspired by the golden sands, deep blue skies and coastal waters of its Mediterranean perch, The Ritz-Carlton, Herzliya adds a harmonious note to the symphony of upscale restaurants, shops and bustling marina that define the affluent area of Herzliya Pituach.
As one of the newest luxury resorts near Tel Aviv, this urban resort hotel provides a pleasurable retreat for guests doing business with nearby global tech firms and vacationers seeking the quintessential Israeli getaway.
At our luxury Tel Aviv resort, guests will enjoy a magnificently crafted experience emboldened by a sense of place that entreats the senses: in the delectable kosher cuisine and wine featured in Herbert Samuel, the iconic Tel Aviv restaurant; in the signature treatments of our luxurious spa; and the stunning views that come compliments of our Tel Aviv resort’s luxurious guest rooms and suites.
Job Description of Trainee:
- Act as on-property guest point-of-contact (e.g., greet guests and fulfill guest needs) and facilitate event experiences (e.g., food and beverages, service needs) throughout the process (pre-event, event, post-event).
- Coordinate and communicate verbally and in writing with customers (internal and ex).
- Own and/or execute the hotel internal sales plan which may include guest interaction, communication to/from the outside sales engines, and pull through of U.S./Regional/Market sales & marketing initiatives and maintaining the share shift war boards.
- Execute on-property Sales Lead Generation Program (eProspecting portal).
- Execute on-property Guest Recognition Program (e.g., Company of the Month, Refer a Friend or Marriott Rewards programs).
- Daily Review of Guest Ledger Report for new company names and further qualify lead.
- Daily review of MARSHA Production Report for new company or bookings to further qualify and/or educate Revenue Management on events in area.
- Review competitor websites monthly for updates and/or new promotions.
- Manage gathering and distribution (to the appropriate sales channel) of information on competitors.
- Administration & Inspect set-up of show rooms (e.g., King, Queen, and Suite if possible).
- Support property billing efforts related to both event and non-event related activities.
- Perform prompt and accurate tracking and reporting of function room gratuity to Management for payroll processing.
- Collect, develop, and submit content to update property web sites on Marriott.com.
- Update Hotel Fact Sheets and communicate new offerings to the Sales Office.
- Solicit feedback from the hotel departments to identify areas for improvement to enhance the Event Planner’s experience.
- Interact with guests to obtain event-related customer feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Participate in the development and implementation of service improvement plans for property.
- Follow company and department policies and procedures.
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Verify uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one’s voice, using the callers’ name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language. Prepare and review written documents (e.g., daily logs, business letters, leases, reports), including proofreading and editing written information to verify accuracy and completeness.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance. Computers/Software
- Transmit information or documents using a computer.
- Enter and retrieve information contained in computer databases using a keyboard, mouse, or trackball to update records, files, reservation and answer inquiries from guests.
- Enter or revise property information in a variety of Marriott systems including FOSSE, MARSHA, SFAWeb.
- Prepare letters, memos, and other documents using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software.
High school diploma/G.E.D. equivalent At least 2 years of related work experience.
Other qualifications required/Rec.:
Orientation Interpersonal Skills Team Work Diversity Relations Communications Listening English Language Proficiency Communication Telephone Etiquette Skills Applied Reading Writing Personal Attributes Dependability Integrity Stress Tolerance Positive Demeanor Presentation Adaptability/Flexibility Organization Detail Orientation Multi-Tasking Time Management Planning and Organizing General Administration Maintain Files and Records Typing Computer Software Microsoft Office.