Ready to apply? Here’s how it’s going to work.
1) Explore the possibilities of Volunteering in Israel
- See what we offer. Before you apply, we encourage you to check out the kinds of volunteer experiences we offer. Whether you’re new online casinos interested in teaching English, community development or coexistence, we’ll help you find the right experience.
- Learn about our financial aid. Get an idea of how much funding you’ll be eligible for by reviewing our program comparison chart.
- Watch our videos to see what our alumni (and their mentors) have said about their experiences in Israel.
- Learn the specifics of what Masa Israel provides as a part of your volunteer experience and what you’ll be responsible for.
- Applying online is the first step in our (typically two to four weeks) process.
- What’s a program provider? Masa Israel connects candidates to volunteer placements through several trusted program providers who run our volunteer experiences in Israel. Each provider offers unique options – different locations, program costs, types of housing, start dates and extracurricular activities – so be sure to review our comparison chart to see which program providers look best to you!
- After you complete our application for a volunteer experience, talk to the program providers you’re interested in working with. In the days after you’ve completed the online form, each of the providers you select will be in touch with you via email or phone to tell you more about their specific offerings. Your job will be to listen to what they have to say, and ask any questions you might have. (Not sure what to ask? We can help! Here are some useful questions to start with.)
- Choose your volunteer experience. After finishing the application process, each program provider will start sending you specific volunteer placement possibilities, tailored for your interests and needs. From these options, choose the one you’d like to do.
3) Get ready to go!
- Finalize funding. Once you’ve chosen your ideal volunteer experience, visit our website to start your grant application and explore whether any additional scholarships are available. If you need help, reach out to Masa Israel’s team of Recruitment Managers via live chat—we’re here to help!
- Pin down logistical details. After your funding has been secured, your provider will be in touch to let you know what paperwork is necessary to arrange for your visa, insurance, and housing details.
- Book your flight! When the dates and details of your program have been secured, start booking your travel to Israel—it’s going to be the adventure of a lifetime!