What is volunteering in Israel actually like?
And what steps do you need to take to get there? Worry not—we’ve got the answers you need.
First thing’s first—what’s included?
Our volunteer programs typically provide:
- - A 5-10 month volunteer placement in an area you care about
- - If you have at least one Jewish grandparent and are between 18 and 31 years old, we offer generous funding options for five-to-ten months.
- - Housing
- - Health insurance
- - Introductory Hebrew classes (While volunteer work is conducted in English, learning some Hebrew at the beginning of your stay can help you experience Israel like a local.)
- - On-the-ground support from your provider in Israel
- - Invitations to cultural and social events in your area
- - Networking and support from the Masa Israel alumni community when you get back