What is volunteering in Israel actually like?
And what steps do you need to take to get there? Worry not—we’ve got the answers you need.
How Masa Israel Can Help You
• We help you explore your options. Our volunteer program providers have access to authentic, meaningful volunteer experiences in Israel.
• We offer funding. If you have at least one Jewish grandparent and are between 18 and 31 years old, Masa Israel Journey can offer thousands of dollars of funding to help make your internship in Israel affordable and comfortable. (We can even help find additional scholarships if you qualify!)
• We answer your questions. Our staff is made up of alumni who have been on programs in Israel and can give you the inside scoop on finding the right program provider, how to navigate the application process, and what it’s like to experience 5-10 months in Israel!
Our volunteer programs typically provide:
- - A 5-10 month volunteer placement in an area you care about
- - If you have at least one Jewish grandparent and are between 18 and 31 years old, we offer generous funding options for five-to-ten months.
- - Housing
- - Health insurance
- - Introductory Hebrew classes (While volunteer work is conducted in English, learning some Hebrew at the beginning of your stay can help you experience Israel like a local.)
- - On-the-ground support from your provider in Israel
- - Invitations to cultural and social events in your area
- - Networking and support from the Masa Israel alumni community when you get back